Thursday, September 6, 2012

Hip Hip Hooray! It's the first day!

Well it's Day 1. I can truthfully say I think that the Mr is thankful that I have started medication. I know he is worried about my health and well being, because it makes his life easier if I am not a basket case. Who would have thought huh? Anyway...

I spent the day with more concentration today than I have in a long time. I was up beat. I had good energy. I chair danced to music from the 1990's. All genres. We did a little Dr. Dre, some Eminem, A little Lou Bega, some hair metal and some pop music. It was fantastic. My boss came past my office when I was bebopping along to Slim Shady, and she looked at me funny but I think she was glad to see me upbeat so she was quiet. I was more responsive to a co worker which threw him a bit off guard. It's always fun to do that on occasion. Keeps them on their toes. I finally hired staff for the front office! I have everything in for them and they start next week. Now I have to get their tasks in order for them. I am not thrilled about being a boss, as I have NO patience sometimes, so I try to be pretty laid back. And thankfully for me there will be a bit more testosterone in my office. The perk of being a hiring manager. I have a positive focus which in the field I am in, can be considered one of the most important personality traits.

The biggest change I noticed is that even though I didn't starve myself, I felt no real desire to eat all day. I am normally a stress eater and it shows. A lot. I didn't need it today and that is the best part.

I am cautiously optimistic. I was also shown today, how very incredibly lucky I am to be working where I do. I had lunch with some friends who still work there and they tell me what has been going on. It's sad and it's heart breaking. That put a few things into perspective as well.

That's it for today's update. I think I am going to go do some baking.

Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment